Our museum can be found on the ground floor of Windsor’s Guildhall.
Our collection began in 1951, when local man Maitland Underhill decided to create an exhibition about the history of Windsor, as part of the celebrations for the National Festival of Britain. The exhibition proved so popular, it remained on display in the Guildhall until 1982. The Museum was reopened her Majesty the Queen in the Guildhall in 2011.
More about the history of the Guildhall.