Glass Bauble, about 1899
This bauble once hung on a Christmas tree in St. George’s Hall, Windsor Castle. It was given to a local girl, Mabel Biles by Queen Victoria during a sumptuous Christmas tea at the castle. Presents were given to all the children attending the tea, and Mabel was given a toy cart and mule but could not take her eyes off a glass bauble at the top of the tree. After being asked by the Queen if she li
Tankard, Coronation of Edward VIII, 1937.
A large glass tankard made to celebrate the Coronation on May 12th 1937 of Edward VIII. inscribed with 'The Friend of His People' and the dates of accession and scheduled coronation. On acending the throne after his father, George V's death on the 20th January 1936, preparations were made and Souvenirs were produced to celebrate the impending coronation the following year but the King took the dec
Bead pendant, Saxon
Blue glass marbled bead pendant with small metal ring attached, found during extensive Wraysbury Manor Farm excavations. Identified through comparison with examples in the British Museum (more information may be requested from Wraysbury Manor Farm object file detailing interpretation by British Museum). Object has received conservation attention (lab report no. 4126).
Stained glass window, 1880
Small framed stained glass window, made about 1880 looking at the design and made at the Stained Glass Works, Old Windsor which was in operation from 1878-1890 and on the same site as the Royal Windsor Tapestry Works.
Needle book, about 1860
Decorated with a view of Windsor Castle on the south side, painted on enamel. probably a souvenir. Contains fabric pages, which can be used to store needles. The book also contains a mirror. Thought to have been made in about 1860.
Bottle, R White’s, Windsor, about 1910
Quarter pint lemonade bottle, aquamarine glass from R White's works, Victor Road, Windsor. found in a rubbish pit on Ham Island, WIndsor and given to the museum by the finder in 1992.
Stained glass panel, 1881
Stained glass panel signed in one corner as made by the Windsor Stained Glass Works Old Windsor, Berks 1881. On display in a light box in the Museum.